Thursday, August 19, 2010

rock star wedding

Lately (and against Jeff's will), we've been discussing wedding invites, save the dates, and random things we'd like incorporated into our wedding. Since we're having our ceremony and reception at the Surf Ballroom, I'd like to incorporate a rock star, music theme. I've always loved music and have considered myself a music snob for quite some time, so it just makes sense, right?

I'm not going to post my ideas until we've designed the save the dates, so then everyone can get a visual; to describe it sounds silly :) I do think it would be cool to have a star with my name on it on my dressing room door...

We're also going to have a live band, since the Surf can accommodate this. We've wanted to have a live band since we started talking about getting married, so we're super excited that this is a possibility. I'd like to have two live bands, but we'll see if that's in the budget. More to come on that once it's official (i.e. when we have the signed contract).

Our engagement pictures will be taken at the farm the 3rd weekend in September. Our good friend, Kristina Marshall, will be taking the pics and I am over the moon to be working with her! She's based out of Minnesota, but will be making the road trip down to the farm for a day of fun :)

Also, any thoughts on photo booth rental? Kristina will be at the reception taking pictures for roughly the first hour (we decided that we didn't need professional pics of our drunk friends much later than that!) so I thought it would be cool to have an old school photo booth. I've gotten an estimate from a company based in DSM for $1400 for 4 hours, including travel to and from the venue, set up, unlimited pictures, and an attendant. If anyone has a recommendation, I'd be happy if you shared :)

Much love,

Breezy

No comments:

Post a Comment