Saturday, August 21, 2010

another one bites the dust!

Congrats to my wonderful friend Jennifer Twedt, who got engaged last night! It will be fun to bounce wedding planning ideas off each other :)

I spent yesterday researching lodging in Clear Lake, as well as things for our guests to do. I reserved a block of rooms at the Heartland Inn, right on the water. I had originally called to book 50 rooms, but they only have 30 rooms, so we've got the entire hotel! Typically they don't allow reservations more than a year in advance, but the girl was very helpful (gotta love Iowa hospitality!) and called her manager several times to confirm that she could complete my requests. I'm going to finish reserving blocks of rooms at two other hotels next weekend. The nice thing about Clear Lake is that since it's on a lake, there are a lot of cabin options for those who don't want to stay in a hotel.

For more information, make sure to check our wedding website @ http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/BriAnneHilpipre&JeffHiatt. I try to keep both this blog and the website updated, but more details can be found on the website :)

Have a happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. i hope wedding planning went well! thanks for stopping by the blog and commenting on the giveaway post (just make sure you are a follower of the blog to be eligible!)

    lachapstickfanatique

    ReplyDelete